Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Spaghetti - Pesto

Its been ages since I had wanted to make pasta with pesto sauce. When I came across fresh basil leaf packs at Seagull Foods I just couldn't wait to try it. The recipes  I checked online usually call for pine nuts in the pesto. But I substituted it with peanuts and it tasted pretty to good to me and the family.

Spaghetti - Pesto Style




Ingredients:

Leaves from 2 bunches of fresh basil
2 tbsp peanuts unsalted
1 garlic clove
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup grated cheese (cheddar)
Salt and pepper
1 packet spaghetti cooked and drained




How to:


  1. Combine basil, peanuts, garlic and olive oil into a blender/food processor and blend till it becomes a puree and add cheese, salt and pepper and blend again till well combined..
  2. Add the pesto sauce to the spaghetti and mix well. 


Mmmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment